Making Mobile People More Productive
Today’s mobile workers depend on communication tools that accommodate flexible workspaces and allow free roaming wherever they are: in the office, or outside of it. UNIVERGE SV9000 gives your staff a host of smart, reliable mobile applications that enhance their ability to provide quality services to your customers.
Stay Connected in Any Location
NEC offers many mobility solutions designed to fit specific needs. WLAN and DECT telephones give your employees secure, crystal-clear communications as they roam about your company’s premises or anywhere else where there is coverage, while providing most of the features and functionality of a desktop phone, with mobile enhancements such as text messaging, alarming, programmable keys, and integration with third party applications.
NEC’s Mobility features allow users to set up their phones to ring on the device of their choice. And, with the addition of one the SV9000 mobility applications, you can provide your employees with enhanced coverage on their mobile devices (iOS and Android) anywhere there is Wi-Fi or 4G.
Enabling True Business Mobility
Key applications and features of NEC’s Mobility Solutions include:
- Move seamlessly between offices
- Text messaging & alarms enable quicker response
- Handsets for all user types and environments
- Fully integrated with communication server
- Reduces phone costs
- Increase customer service levels
- Single number reach and centralized, visual voicemail
- Seamless, uninterrupted call transfer between mobile and desktop phones
- One-number access
- Single voice mailbox
- Flexible call control
- Easy access to a central directory and employee presence info
NEC offers two options for Inhouse Mobility:
- (IP) DECT for on-site wireless voice
- WLAN for on-site wireless voice and data
Employees can always be reached and seamless handover guarantees conversations continue when on the move. Callers get quick access to employees, improving customer satisfaction. Powerful functionality such as corporate directory access and presence increase performance. Last but not least: easy to use wireless voice drastically reduces monthly cellular costs.
Wide range of Business Mobility handsets
All Business Mobility handsets offer excellent mobile voice communication: crystal clear speech, loudspeaker and hands free support, seamless handover and roaming, high security and seamless integration with features on the SV9000 platform. Appealing and ergonomic handsets deliver optimal mobility, flexibility and comfort of use.
Text and Alarm messaging
Powerful text and alarm messaging capabilities are provided for a wide variety of applications in different types of business. With messaging, staff can be alerted about incidents such as a fire, nurse calls or status of industrial processes.
Business Mobility IP DECT can also be used to locate handsets and their users. This can be essential if e.g. staff need immediate assistance from colleagues. Pushing the SOS button on the phone, the system alerts staff to provide assistance, while the system automatically provides the location information.
An IP DECT configuration typically consists of Access Points (APs), IP DECT system software, a DMLS open interface for messaging and DECT handsets. NEC’s AP400 Access Points connect to the IP network and form a DECT system that provides peer to peer IP communication. The connection between AP400s and the host PBX uses either a dedicated IP protocol or a SIP interface. With SIP support (SIP DECT), the IP DECT system can be linked to any certified SIP based host PBX system.
- Access Points connect directly to the IP network
- Support of 11 simultaneous calls per AP400
- Support of DECT compatible handsets
- Power over Ethernet (IEEE802.3af)
- Optional G.729 compression with add-on board
- Crystal clear speech, roaming and seamless handover
- Secure voice communication through DECT authentication and encryption
- Support of Short Messaging (LRMS) up to 160 characters
- Scalable solution up to 750 APs in one network
- Easy maintenance: downloadable software and web based tooling
- Cost savings on infrastructure and cellular use
- All the voice quality, security, availability and feature transparency of DECT